Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Men in Black 3 Trailer

The official trailer for Men in Black 3 (which hits theaters May 25, 2012) went out over the weekend, and we both took a look at it.



Angie: It's hard for me to make a judgement call this early.  The time travel aspect has the possibility to make the storyline a little convoluted, but it all depends on the execution.  Not a whole lot of jokes there, but that could just be their choice in editing.

Bethany: I don't like it when trailers spill all the good jokes of the movie, so I'm glad it's kind of joke-light. I do pretty much watch MiB for Tommy Lee Jones, and it looks like part of the movie is gonna be The Hunt for Kay, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. Josh Brolin does look terrifyingly like Tommy Lee Jones, and there is also Emma Thompson in the plus category.

Summary: We'll see.

Leave us a comment and tell us what you think of the trailer.

2 comments:

  1. This needs more COMMENNNNNNNTTTTTSSSSSSS!

    I had to watch this thing three times to understand what I didn't like about it. They try way too hard to remind us who the MiB are (because jeez, it's been almost ten years) by spoiling a creative yet obviously throwaway new alien, see the backs and and distorted faces of no less than three potentially important characters in fast clips so we don't get to have any understanding of who they're meant to be to the story. Suddenly Nanny McPhee tells us something, we're thrown into a FPS and then, BAM! Josh Brolin may or may not be dubbed over by Tommy Lee Jones for an entire movie, and my brow furrows slightly more that it has the rest of the two minutes.

    I'll admit the Time Jump thing is pretty unique in its execution, but based on this I have very little faith this is going to be any good, let alone any fun. I've been hurt before by really off trailers for movies featuring aliens (see: anything I've ever said about Green Lantern) and all I'm asking is for MiB3 to be fun, you'se guys ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the whole trailer falls under the umbrella of trying too hard. And possibly the movie. I'm cheered slightly by the fact that the Time Jump could be fun, if used properly, and there wasn't one glimpse of Frank the Alien Pug.

    ReplyDelete