Monday, November 21, 2011

Episode 4 - Red State




Download as an mp3

 

Red State is available for purchase on DVD and Blu Ray, and also available to rent through most On Demand services, so you should be able to watch it in whatever way you prefer.

This is a link to the Q&A where Kevin Smith discusses the original planned ending to the film.

If you haven't seen Rob Zombie's Halloween, I Hate/Love Remakes' episode can tell you all you need to know.

For all you NaNoWriMo folks, here's a few links to help you in the home stretch:

10 Types of Writer's Block and How to Overcome Them

When in Doubt, Just Say, "Fuck 'Em" (or: Fuck that Frequency, Homeslice)

Ways to Ruin Your Dialog: Telling Us Too Much

Tiny Ghosts - it's a picture comic, but the writer loves it when you use them for inspiration, and I have in the past. Might help break up any blockage.

McSweeney's Internet Tendency: Thirteen Writing Prompts

Maureen Johnson is NaNo's official Agony Aunt this year, and she's answering a question a day (sometimes more) on her tumblr this month. It's worth scrolling back to read, she gives some great advice. While you're at it, visit her blog and search for NaNo, it'll bring up the recent stuff and the posts she's made in years past. This is my favorite, but there are many: How to Survive NaNoWriMo

4 comments:

  1. Gah. I have yet to watch Red State- I really want to, I just haven't been able to find time to watch it. I like Kevin Smith's movies on the whole- I do think he has some issues with the writing at times (Zack & Miri for example), but I still like them. I also used to listen to his podcast, and he talked about the editing process for Red State- they were editing as the film was being shot, so when they wrapped, there was very little post-production. (Again, I haven't seen any making-of material, and I can't remember the specific episode where he discusses it.)

    Ah, Nanowrimo. I hit 50K today! And I'm so not done with the book...ahaha...I'll be in the corner crying...

    Can't wait to here next month's ep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll do some reading, maybe I can figure out which podcast episode he discusses that.

    Congrats on hitting 50k! I am nowhere close, and not likely to make it this year.

    Thanks for listening :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, once I read your comment that sounded really familiar to me. I never listened to his podcast, I don't think, but he might have mentioned it in an interview or blog post. That sounds like a hellish schedule to keep up with.

    Congrats on hitting 50k!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! At this point I'm just trying to get the whole thing done before December rolls around.

    ReplyDelete